Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss cutting palace travertine ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi guys
i,m having trouble cutting palace travertine tiles from b an q i score them then when coming to snapping them they snap fine untill the last 10mm it just takes the corner off the cut i,ve had this problem before with 600 porcelain as you would expect. for the price im on with these tiles i cant afford to send everyone through the wet cutter. ps has anyone used the above mentioned tiles? palace travertine beige? which grout? and wot colour would u use?

D

doug boardley

only way with trav is to put them through the wet cutter sorry. As for grout I'd say Mapei ultracolour jasmine would be a good choice.

G

Gazzer

On the B&Q website these tiles are claimed to be Ceramic.
If that is correct it could just be down to your cutting technique or the cutter being used.
Palace Travertine Wall Tile Light Beige (W)485 x (L)340mm Pack of 6, 5010921353777

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

On the B&Q website these tiles are claimed to be Ceramic.
If that is correct it could just be down to your cutting technique or the cutter being used.
Palace Travertine Wall Tile Light Beige (W)485 x (L)340mm Pack of 6, 5010921353777
I didn't check that Neale, just assumed they were natural trav:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: - if they cut on the wet cutter without breaking on the corner then it has to be cost effective to do it that way.

T

TilerJames

As far as i know they are Travertine effect ceramic, but you shouldnt have any problem cutting them with your tile cutter, but if your scoring n snapping correctly and there still not cutting cleanly, then your just gona have to machine cut them all...nice! any grinder with good disc or wetsaw will do.

S

Scott

Make sure that you are scoring the first section of the tiles sufficiently. You may be able to part snap the tile by using a smaller amount of force to just 'crack' the first part of the tile and then spin it round and snap it the other way.

R

Rich

Does sound like its either the cutter or the way you are cutting them. Would be easier to advise if we knew what cutter you are using.

Try running the scoring wheel over the last inch or so on the edge that keeps breaking wrong before you score the tile (hope that makes sense). Just be very careful not to move the tile in the process.

T

terrygrant

Check the wheel on the cutter......maybe time for a new wheel.....if not then its time for a new cutter .....if that doesnt work then you have an FNU problem...........Fit New User :)

Only kidding... welcome to the Forum

Terry

Reply to cutting palace travertine ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks