Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cutting Metal Trim in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

ChiversTiling

I used to cut them in tiny metal mitre block, but got fed up with it as the 2.4m length trim moved alot using the hacksaw so I ended up making my own mitre block, what do you lads use to make your life easier, like hearing how other tilers do it there way

C

ChiversTiling

Looks ok, I might try and invent what I made, it's easy to use and stops the trim from moving and gets ya 45degrees spot on

S

Stef

There you go,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415829318.528870.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415829331.630668.jpg

These were done in a blue homelux box..

I'm going to get the one that Deano designed when I'm back in CTD.
I was using my Quansol box today, I keep forgetting I have it..

Reaction score
As above, swap out the blade on the angle grinder for a thin dronco carbon blade and the worlds smallest combination square.
Window trimmed in ten minutes!

afright

TF
Reaction score

I used to make mine just like that from wood in the 80s should of patent it then,having the use of only one arm I am always trying different ways to make my job easy cutting plastic and metal I do have the Quansol mitre box but tend to use my table saw its a lot quicker, have become a dab hand a doing mitre's free hand.

Last edited:

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Best thing on the market to cut trim is a Quansol mitre block. Just google search it and you will find a supplier they are an idea that originated in New Zealand. Once you've used one of these you'll be amazed how easy it is to cut trims accurately time after time.

Reply to Cutting Metal Trim in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks