Search the forum,

Discuss Cut ceramic tiles cracking after adhesive is set in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mdv

You could do 2 diagonal cuts from the corners of the cill to corner of the tile your fixing or use some fleece tanking membrane under the tile on the weak area...

Diagonal cuts seems interesting, although I am struggling to picture how it would work?

M

mdv

Is the wooden cill still in place but cut back?

No the wooden cill has been removed and plasterboarded level with the intention of tiling around the whole window cill and reveals. I could potentially raise the cill another 15mm which I guess would make the tile stronger as the cut strip would be thicker!

Any tips on strengthening the tile? I was thinking maybe glueing a metal strip along on the back of the tile and then laying the tile with the aim that the legal strip would ensure the tile doesn't get pulled apart and crack during the setting process!

This might be a really stupid idea but I'm trying to avoid taking off several rows of tiles :(

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I would suggest as John said. Raise the cill. Maybe scrim tape around any plasterboard joins and coat in a thin layer of adhesive before fixing the tile again.

Reply to Cut ceramic tiles cracking after adhesive is set in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen