Discuss Current concerns with my new tiling. Am I right to be concerned? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

It's not the thickness it's the overall dimensions. Tiles 2-3mm ( or more..) different in width and length makes a tight, constant grout gap impossible. Contrasting grout only amplifies the problem, not that I'm trying to condone the finish you have.

D

Dumbo

Whan you look at a misaligned joint look at each tile . For instance if the tops of the tiles are level and the bottoms are not you can see that they are different sizes . But that doesn't get away from the other issues .

D

Dirtypool

It's not the thickness it's the overall dimensions. Tiles 2-3mm ( or more..) different in width and length makes a tight, constant grout gap impossible. Contrasting grout only amplifies the problem, not that I'm trying to condone the finish you have.
Thanks and noted. I've been through it with him and he is addressing most of the problems. He is correcting cuts as I write.

D

Dirtypool

Whan you look at a misaligned joint look at each tile . For instance if the tops of the tiles are level and the bottoms are not you can see that they are different sizes . But that doesn't get away from the other issues .
Yes thanks. I have done that and yes there are variances in tile size so I won't push him where that's the case

O

One Day

Thanks and noted. I'm going to be a regular buyer of tiles where do you suggest as a better alternative to source tiles from?

In Manchester?
I'd try TilesUK, Montford St, Salford or CTD at Denton.
If you want something really special (and have a good budget) - Casa Ceramica.

(DO NOT go to Better Bathrooms!)

D

Dumbo

Porcelenosa aren't that good . Their black polished porcelain used to be chocolate brown. Their glaze is known for crazing along the score line when cutting and you also pay a premium for using their products . There are better tiles available for less money . I do a few of their tiles as a bathroom showroom in associated with sell their products and i dont find them all that.

Reply to Current concerns with my new tiling. Am I right to be concerned? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks