Discuss Current concerns with my new tiling. Am I right to be concerned? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dirtypool

Hi I'm Dp and I'm looking for perspectives on my new tiling. Im concerned with tiles not having crisp or accurate cuts so tiles don't have uniform grout lines. The tiles pictured are set on new plasterboard so walls are straight.

Should I be right to expect a better finish with cut tiles being cleanly cut. All tiles being spaced accurately and thus uniform grout lines or is my expectation too high. Should grout be better finished at corners? On the windowsill where my finger is how the heck would water run off the windowsill past that lip?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dp IMG-20180625-WA0020.jpeg IMG-20180625-WA0018.jpeg IMG-20180625-WA0016.jpeg IMG-20180625-WA0014.jpeg IMG-20180625-WA0012.jpeg IMG-20180625-WA0010.jpeg

Cstiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
First thing just cos walls are new plaster board doesn't mean they are straight ,but this should be sorted out before tiling starts .
That said Cutting of tiles is very poor ,short and left with rough edges joint alignment in the photo is poor too.
Has the grouting only just been finished? As this looks like it's very shady too.
All in all a fairly poor job

D

Dirtypool

Thanks for the reply. Yes grouting just done today and some yesterday. I've raised my concerns with the contractor. Do you have any other advice for me? What should I do if he doesn't fix. How does the grout look shady to you?

T

Time's Ran Out

Not sure why anyone thinks that dark joints enhance any tile!
It may lighten up as it dries over a couple of days but it’s still going to be a poor job.
Everything you mentioned is wrong and it’s now that you have to get it altered.
There should be no reason for fixing tiles with those cut edges.

D

Dirtypool

Not sure why anyone thinks that dark joints enhance any tile!
It may lighten up as it dries over a couple of days but it’s still going to be a poor job.
Everything you mentioned is wrong and it’s now that you have to get it altered.
There should be no reason for fixing tiles with those cut edges.
Thank you. I'm going to try with him tomorrow morning and see if he has the appetite and capability to fix it. To be honest the whole room is similar.

D

Dirtypool

Thank you. I'm going to try with him tomorrow morning and see if he has the appetite and capability to fix it. To be honest the whole room is similar.
I like the dark joints.. but then id still be on here with the same concerns with white grout I suspect

Reply to Current concerns with my new tiling. Am I right to be concerned? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks