Search the forum,

Discuss cracked floor tiles new build in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

Neil fraser

Two floors in upstairs new build have a hairline crack along plywood edge in middle of the floor. The builder laid 6mm ply and screwed it down, flexible cement used. The question is who is at fault tilers or builder.

I

Ian

As above, the ply is the problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, the tiler should have known not to tile to 6mm ply.

N

Neil fraser

That was spec builder wanted all floors have dropped as silicone has burst round floor edges

N

Neil fraser

Yea a new build now 10 months ago I have seen this happen on 18mm ply before but it was years ago. A small hairline crack but the tile is sucked down ay the crack like a v

D

DHTiling

New builds with timber floors etc are prone to shrinkage when the heating is turned on, it happens quite a bit , yes the ply is the wrong thickness and could have contributed to the cracked tile/tiles...

Reply to cracked floor tiles new build in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen