Currently reading:
Cost to tile over hand laid screed v liquid flow screed

Search the forum,

Discuss Cost to tile over hand laid screed v liquid flow screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I would anticipate that the tiling will be slightly more expensive. This is in part due to prep and in part due to materials. The extra prep is basically that the screed is likely to require some surface abrasion to clean it up and remove any dust and debris on it from construction. In terms of materials it depends on the tile type, the addy type and the primer type. The screed installation will generally yeild savings and the over all running cost of the screed as a heating system will be significantly reduced so the payback is there.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
wet screed should be no flatter than a s&c screed, if a dry screed is not flat and level it is down to poor workmanship..
i must agree with u there devonmark its all down to the screeder,when i worked in northern france a couple of years ago,the tilers there did there own semi dry,sand/cement screeding and it was bob on.:thumbsup:

Reply to Cost to tile over hand laid screed v liquid flow screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.