Search the forum,

Discuss Cost to tile over hand laid screed v liquid flow screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fat_brum

Gentlemen,

A quick question about the cost of laying floor tiles.

Could I expect a reduction in price for laying floor tiles over a liquid screed compared to a hand laid screed.

Regards

FB

D

DHTiling

I assume you mean a traditional sand / cement screed...

Now this depends on the type of pourable screed..

R

Rob Z

Dave, a mortar bed will soak up more setting material than an SLC...is that what the question is? Or is it about labor?

D

DHTiling

I think it is about labour Rob.. and a pourable screed is one that is basicly the whole screed poured in one go Rob.. so not like an slc..

F

fat_brum

Hi David,

It will be Lafarge Gyvlon Flow Screed over a wet UFH system. I have a price for tiling was over a "traditional sand / cement screed" and would like to know if the price to tile over the flow screed should be different.

F

fat_brum

yes the question is about labour ............... I am thinking as the flow screed is flatter..it would be easier to tile.........but ........I do not know a lot about floor tiling!?!?!?

D

DHTiling

It will not be easier to tile just because it is flat.. A gyvlon screed can need a lot more prep than a cement based hand laid screed... this is because the cement based adhesive will react with the gyvlon screed if not prepared properly.. So do not expect to get a cheaper job done is my advice..

F

fat_brum

Thanks, for the answer, from the out side, jobs often would appear to be simpler than they are, so it is good to get advice from "Experts" ...

Reply to Cost to tile over hand laid screed v liquid flow screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Porcelanosa Town White Polish 595mm
I'm looking for a few Porcelanosa Town White Polish / Pulido floor tiles - badly laid in my new...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen