Currently reading:
Confused-Keraflex maxi on ply- Do I need to prime??

Discuss Confused-Keraflex maxi on ply- Do I need to prime?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cundick

Hi
Hope someone can resolve my question.

I am laying my first floor.
I have overboarded with 9mm ply onto approx 22mm long strips of chipboard. Very solid.
Screwed down every 150mm and 100mm at joints.

I have Keraflex Maxi to lay 300 x 600 porcelin tiles.
I alway intended to prime the top of the ply before laying the tiles,
however I was told when purchasing the adhesive there was no need to prime the top of the ply.

I was just about to start laying the tiles, but the question of whether I should prime or not is still a concern.

Please can someone confirm which way to go and if I have o prime what would you recommens

Steve

Reply to Confused-Keraflex maxi on ply- Do I need to prime?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.