Discuss Chimney Alcove around range cooker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Penguin33

I’m looking for some advice please.
I’m planning to tile the Alcove of the chimney in my kitchen, the range cooker will then Sit in the alcove.
We will have a cooker hood integrated to the chimney.
What do I do about the surface around the cooker hood? Would you tile this too? (Easier to clean perhaps?)
Also the chimney stack steps in a little at the back, so on each side there is a 45• angle of brick- would you tile around this or over it?
Also how would you edge the tiles? (Any alternatives to plastic edging)
Thank you

P

Penguin33

Ignore my comments about the steps in, they’ve boarded around them.
Photo of top corner of alcove below:

E158052D-B0FC-4045-B27A-A2809A1A7E2A.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Check those boards have something behind them and not just a few screws in!
Tile edges can have metal tile trim or better still be mitred.
You can tile the top area if backing board is well secured, if they fall off it’ll only be on top of a £1000 cooker!
I’d have got the tiler to prepare the alcove, then you could have possibly had it built to fit tiles.

Reply to Chimney Alcove around range cooker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley