Discuss Chimney Alcove around range cooker in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Penguin33

I’m looking for some advice please.
I’m planning to tile the Alcove of the chimney in my kitchen, the range cooker will then Sit in the alcove.
We will have a cooker hood integrated to the chimney.
What do I do about the surface around the cooker hood? Would you tile this too? (Easier to clean perhaps?)
Also the chimney stack steps in a little at the back, so on each side there is a 45• angle of brick- would you tile around this or over it?
Also how would you edge the tiles? (Any alternatives to plastic edging)
Thank you

P

Penguin33

Ignore my comments about the steps in, they’ve boarded around them.
Photo of top corner of alcove below:

E158052D-B0FC-4045-B27A-A2809A1A7E2A.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Check those boards have something behind them and not just a few screws in!
Tile edges can have metal tile trim or better still be mitred.
You can tile the top area if backing board is well secured, if they fall off it’ll only be on top of a £1000 cooker!
I’d have got the tiler to prepare the alcove, then you could have possibly had it built to fit tiles.

Reply to Chimney Alcove around range cooker in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks