Search the forum,

Discuss cheapest 6mm tile backing boards> in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

anyone got any ideas on where to get the cheapest tile backing boards.
i am finding a big difference in prices where i am looking, even for the same product

P

Perry

cheapest is not always the best these didn't seem a bad pricehttp://www.uheat.co.uk/

R

Richard Edwards

N & C - Nicobond recent purchase cost me £9.99+VAT 1250 X 600mm x 6mm

Last edited by a moderator:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So why would you use 6mm hardi on ply for floors when you can buy these for nearly 1/2 the price?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I worked with a tiler a few weeks ago. He always used the 10mm backerboards from the underfloor heating store for floors. He never used cement boards. Cheaper/Lighter/easier to cut. Topps have recently raised their Hardiebacker trade prices. 6mm is now only £1 cheaper than public price!

M

Mike

I worked with a tiler a few weeks ago. He always used the 10mm backerboards from the underfloor heating store for floors. He never used cement boards. Cheaper/Lighter/easier to cut. Topps have recently raised their Hardiebacker trade prices. 6mm is now only £1 cheaper than public price!

And they're smaller! I bought some from there a while back as they were a bit cheaper than one of the builders yards and when I got to the job I realised why, they were only 1200 by 800 whereas in the builders yard they were 1500 by 900

tapatalk on my HTC

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Topps are the pits....... So no problem with overlaying 12mm ply with 6mm 'marmox' using addy and screws/washers???
Seems a no brainer when you think about it........

Reply to cheapest 6mm tile backing boards> in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen