Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic Tiles Lifting after 7 Years in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
see if the floor has any slc, i had one a couple of months ago, house was about the same age, the slc had failed where the builders hadn't primed the floor, the tiles were stuck to the slc but it was coming away from the floor, and the first areas to fail are the main bits that are walked on..

C

clareewilliams

Thanks for your advice. I will see what the tiler thinks when he looks at it but my feeling is that you are probably right.

C

clareewilliams

Thanks for all your responses they have all been really helpful.
We have just had a tiler to look at the problem and he said there were 3 issues:
1. The tiles were too close together 3mm at the top but at the bottom they would probably be closer
2. The grout did not look like flexible grout
3. There was not enough adhesive

Phoned NHBC who said they don't cover anything but structure after 2 years.
Going to try the insurance company but don't rate my chances.

I will think before buying another Anwyl house and only buy new if I can see the house finished!!

Reply to Ceramic Tiles Lifting after 7 Years in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen