Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic tile range recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Franko

She who must be obeyed has decided that she would like the shower tiled in such a way that the tiling colour graduates from white (at bottom) to black (at top) through 4 or 5 different shades of grey (I know!). :furious3:

After an extensive online search of hundreds of tiling ranges I have yet to find anything which contains a suitable number of shades of grey. Calling on everyone's experience, has anyone come across a tile range which could fit the bill (I could probably talk her round to the same effect in brown if need be).

P

philg43

Franko, not wanting to sound too much like the dandy fop, Laurence LLewellyn Bowen here, you might find if you do the graduation this way round, the walls will feel like they're "coming in on you". dark colours at the top and light colours at the bottom make the walls seem top heavy it should be dark colours at the bottom. That's just my opinion. What does anyone else think?

G

grumpygrouter

I personally don't know of such a range of tiles. The only thing I can think of that MAY have something along those lines - and very expensive mind - is Bizazza mosaics. They have some wonderous stuff in their range. Not sure bout graduation from black to white though!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nellyb

Original Style Ltd do a range called 'glassworks' They do black and white glass with a couple of shades of grey in between. I've done this on a kitchen showroom display starting with black at the bottom and getting lighter as it went up. Even though I say so myself, it looked the mutts nuts!!

D

Deleted member 1779

Before you do ANYTHING get her to look at this website. It sounds to me like she wants some tonal contrast.

This site does tonal contrast big style. But its more subtle. Have a look at the projects and see if there is something there that looks suitable.

Be warned though this is very very very very classy stuff.

[Select] BATHROOM PROJECTS [Look For] Bottom row picture. 3rd in. Selection of darks and browns rising from very dark to medium.

D

DTile

Hi Franko,
Glass mosaics (as Nellyb suggests) could work well for you, if you use them as borders between tiled areas. Black tiles, then grey/black glass frieze, grey tiles, 2nd grey/black glass frieze then white tiles?
If you let us know area you're in, could suggest stockists.
Good luck!

M

mickbull

She who must be obeyed has decided that she would like the shower tiled in such a way that the tiling colour graduates from white (at bottom) to black (at top) through 4 or 5 different shades of grey (I know!). :furious3:

After an extensive online search of hundreds of tiling ranges I have yet to find anything which contains a suitable number of shades of grey. Calling on everyone's experience, has anyone come across a tile range which could fit the bill (I could probably talk her round to the same effect in brown if need be).

Try looking at HRJ Prismatics range or the Pilkingtons Matrix range, reasonably priced, and should have all the colours you are looking for!

F

Franko

Guys,

Thankyou all for your suggestions, sorry its taken me so long to reply. Its definately given us some options. I'll let the forum know what we decide.

Thanks Again.

Franko

Reply to Ceramic tile range recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen