Search the forum,

Discuss Careless talk cost money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

A while back i was chatting to a tiler in my area about work and mentioned the type of work i was doing and who i was doing it for. This guy was supposed to be a mate, but he went to the companies i had metioned and poached work from me, now i know its all fair in love and war etc etc but i found this to be really sneaky.
I didnt find out until recently, i put the lack of work coming my way from this company don to the current climate and i adapted by doing other work.
If it wasnt bad enough that i had lost some work due to this guy it seems while working he was also saying i had loads of work and didnt want to work for this company anyway.
By chance a carpenter on the jobs contacted be regarding some work for him and that was when all this came alight. Within a week i had put my side of the story to the company and told them that i was available, I also informed them that what the other guy had said had been untrue.
I wasnt expecting much from the company to be honest but then i heard they were happy that i was available as they had issues with his work.
I have already dne one job for them since this happened and another 3 in the quoting stage...as for the other tiler......he has been told they dont require his services :smilewinkgrin:.
Normal service is resumed....Be careful who you talk to because these days you never know who will stab you in the back.

D

dagger

i hope he is an x mate!!!

the thing with this buisiness is you meet other tilers of a good standard,
so you do not mind putting them in the frame for work if you cant do it for whatever reason, and they do the same in return...but you must explain that if they abuse the trust you put in them, there will be no more work from you...it should be give and take but some people are just not capable....
sad but true...

the sad thing is it does not just destroy a working relationship, it also destroys a friendship!!

D

david campbell

swine,backstabber,low-life:incazzato:.........aaarrrgghhhh!
far too many people willing to screw you for supposed mates to get you!

D

DHTiling

i hope he is an x mate!!!

the thing with this buisiness is you meet other tilers of a good standard,
so you do not mind putting them in the frame for work if you cant do it for whatever reason, and they do the same in return...but you must explain that if they abuse the trust you put in them, there will be no more work from you...it should be give and take but some people are just not capable....
sad but true...

the sad thing is it does not just destroy a working relationship, it also destroys a friendship!!

That statement is spot on...:thumbsup:

I pass work on to other tilers as and when i cannot do it....if they ever poached my work from my contacts then i would not be a vey nice person to know..:smilewinkgrin:...simple as that.. i like to be treat as i treat them..:thumbsup:..

Neale..when you gunna chin this ***..:incazzato:

G

Gazzer

The thing is i may have a job coming up that i was going to ask him to help out with. I will wait my time before saying anything to him.

D

Deleted member 1779

Blimey a bit of a strange way to go about getting work.

If you cant relax and chat shop with a mate at the end of the day then what the point? Then to find they are pumping you for info!

D

dagger

you can not trust this guy at all, let alone employ his services again... as you said there are people that have issues with his workmanship...and you have issues with his morals!

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....shame on me!

best regards
Dagger.

p.s get shot of him, it is going to cause you heartache and grief all the way!!!!

IMO.

D

diamondtiling

To be honest I am not a violent person ( this only counts for sundays between 6am and 6.10am) but I think you should meet him and land your size 12's cleanly and evenly between his obviously small potatoes and send him quickly back under the stone from where he has crawled from, dirty no good dog that he is.

Reply to Careless talk cost money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen