Currently reading:
Careless talk cost money

Search the forum,

Discuss Careless talk cost money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

A while back i was chatting to a tiler in my area about work and mentioned the type of work i was doing and who i was doing it for. This guy was supposed to be a mate, but he went to the companies i had metioned and poached work from me, now i know its all fair in love and war etc etc but i found this to be really sneaky.
I didnt find out until recently, i put the lack of work coming my way from this company don to the current climate and i adapted by doing other work.
If it wasnt bad enough that i had lost some work due to this guy it seems while working he was also saying i had loads of work and didnt want to work for this company anyway.
By chance a carpenter on the jobs contacted be regarding some work for him and that was when all this came alight. Within a week i had put my side of the story to the company and told them that i was available, I also informed them that what the other guy had said had been untrue.
I wasnt expecting much from the company to be honest but then i heard they were happy that i was available as they had issues with his work.
I have already dne one job for them since this happened and another 3 in the quoting stage...as for the other tiler......he has been told they dont require his services :smilewinkgrin:.
Normal service is resumed....Be careful who you talk to because these days you never know who will stab you in the back.

D

dagger

i hope he is an x mate!!!

the thing with this buisiness is you meet other tilers of a good standard,
so you do not mind putting them in the frame for work if you cant do it for whatever reason, and they do the same in return...but you must explain that if they abuse the trust you put in them, there will be no more work from you...it should be give and take but some people are just not capable....
sad but true...

the sad thing is it does not just destroy a working relationship, it also destroys a friendship!!

D

DHTiling

i hope he is an x mate!!!

the thing with this buisiness is you meet other tilers of a good standard,
so you do not mind putting them in the frame for work if you cant do it for whatever reason, and they do the same in return...but you must explain that if they abuse the trust you put in them, there will be no more work from you...it should be give and take but some people are just not capable....
sad but true...

the sad thing is it does not just destroy a working relationship, it also destroys a friendship!!

That statement is spot on...:thumbsup:

I pass work on to other tilers as and when i cannot do it....if they ever poached my work from my contacts then i would not be a vey nice person to know..:smilewinkgrin:...simple as that.. i like to be treat as i treat them..:thumbsup:..

Neale..when you gunna chin this ***..:incazzato:

S

Spud

In a funny way Neale ,this scum bag has done you a favour ,the builder wont be tempted away again which means you have consolidated your relationship with him and you should be confident when pricing his work that you will get it so the couple of jobs he pinched off of you will benefit you long into the future ,send the scum bag to coventry rather than getting yourself in trouble slapping him ,he will soon get the message :thumbsup:

P

Perry

i just had someone Neale who applied for a job asked a lot of questions next thing i know he is doing a job that i am unable to do through ill health and the adhesive i was supplying was no longer needed as he had rung my adhesive suppler and was getting it direct cheaper than i would buy it needless to say i am looking for a new suppler as i used over 110 ton last year but they had the cheek to ask me how to do it just hope i keep the contract thats why i have been asking about prices

D

dagger

i just had someone Neale who applied for a job asked a lot of questions next thing i know he is doing a job that i am unable to do through ill health and the adhesive i was supplying was no longer needed as he had rung my adhesive suppler and was getting it direct cheaper than i would buy it needless to say i am looking for a new suppler as i used over 110 ton last year but they had the cheek to ask me how to do it just hope i keep the contract thats why i have been asking about prices

that quite a few pallets PJC, sounds like you have had a rough time too,
how did he manage to get it cheaper than the guy buying 110 pallets ish?

no wonder you want to change suplliers,try and get a mapei account!!

best wishes

Lee.

S

Spud

the wost thing he done was told the client what i pay for it :yikes:
not only has this idiot done you over, the moron has done himself over by giving your customer supply price information p.m me if you are looking for a new supplier I buy around the same amounts as you pete and i get a really good deal at the moment and have had no problems with the material so far :thumbsup:

Reply to Careless talk cost money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.