Discuss Can you easily remove fresh tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingPeter

Is it any easier to remove new tiles rather than old ones? My tiles have been up a few weeks. I'm guessing the adhesive would have reached full strength within a week?

I've used the super flexible Mapei adhesive and the tiles are 10mm ceramic. The walls were skimmed plasterboard, some with paint. Removing the previous tiles put holes in the walls in a few places, but most of it wasn't too bad and some bits were patched with plaster.

I have a new bath and units etc. so I obviously don't want tiles dropping on them.

I've put some tiles up but I want different ones now.

Reply to Can you easily remove fresh tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay