Search the forum,

Discuss can we fix ditra mat down with a gypson adhesive ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Hi Dexo.
You will get mixed views on this Dexo, as there are many opinions about the methods of fixing to these screeds, but the lads here are all trying to get the answers.
Creative impressions GBTA is working well as an adhesive for gypsum floors, but Schluter are saying they prefer cementitious adhesives to fix Ditra.
As Bri says, don't for one minute think that having the heating on will mean the screed is dry enough. You have to moisture test as these screeds are way more sensitive to residual moisture than a traditional sand and cement screed.

Reply to can we fix ditra mat down with a gypson adhesive ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen