Search the forum,

Discuss can two part resin be used instead of grout ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Ceramico tiling

Hi all

I was wondering if two part resin can be used instead of grout.This way I could match the colour much better giving for example,a stone tiled shower the appearance of solid slabs of stone.Is this possible?anyone done this before? any advice welcome

Thanks.

M

maniek

what kind of resin do you want to use epoxy or polyester???
are you planning to use some kind of syringe to fill up the space??

G

Gazzer

Isnt the resin meant to be applied and then poilshed down with diamond pads etc .
have you tried Mapeis coloured grouts ? I have always got good colour matching with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Hi all

I was wondering if two part resin can be used instead of grout.This way I could match the colour much better giving for example,a stone tiled shower the appearance of solid slabs of stone.Is this possible?anyone done this before? any advice welcome

Thanks.

Yes it is possible, this is done quite often when book matching stone..

Finish the joints with razor type blades if unsure of altering stone finish through polishing

C

Ceramico tiling

what kind of resin do you want to use epoxy or polyester???
are you planning to use some kind of syringe to fill up the space??

I am unsure what type it is,,if i can recall corectly it says monolit on the tin.

P

Pebbs

Yes you certainly can use two part epoxy resin, remember to do a test area first on a off cut for the colour matching because once its in its in. You wont have time to syringe it in so work quickly as the setting time is super quick. I use a small artists trowel to push it in and smooth it off. Use a slow polisher to bring it back up at the end working through the different pads.

This is one we did a few months ago.

Belgravia 006.jpg

Pebbs

A

Alberta Stone

Epoxy grout can be installed to color match and then rather than wash it it can be ground down with diamond pads.
I have done this and it looks quite nice, but it is better suited for travertine.
Full bodied porcelain in mosaics can be done this way as well and you get a perfectly flush joint, but you need a good vacuum system and the dry pads system.

C

Ceramico tiling

Yes you certainly can use two part epoxy resin, remember to do a test area first on a off cut for the colour matching because once its in its in. You wont have time to syringe it in so work quickly as the setting time is super quick. I use a small artists trowel to push it in and smooth it off. Use a slow polisher to bring it back up at the end working through the different pads
This is one we did a few months ago.

View attachment 22498

Pebbs

Thanks for that advice....That is an awesome floor.

Reply to can two part resin be used instead of grout ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen