Search the forum,

Discuss Busiest in 4 years.. Recession over.. official in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

I'm Booked with large multi room projects until March, there's a buzz in the air.. who's doing what and who's noticed the difference ?

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
To be honest I've not noticed a slowdown in Manchester! domestic work just keeps coming!!
I've passed quite a bit if work on to other lads aswell...

D

DHTiling

I'm booked to mid February and more to book in yet , I've been flat out and even more hectic in the run up to Xmas . Manic manic

I

Ian

I haven't had many empty slots in the diary for the last couple of years. I'm waiting for confirmation of a job for February and that's me sorted til June then. I've had to turn down 2 small jobs today that the customers want doing before Christmas, I can't even fit small jobs in unless I work Sundays, which isn't happening.

P

Peter

Had a good year here too, been working 9 saturdays out of 10 and a lot of late nights and took another tiler on, hopefully keeps building. The longest I'd ever be booked up is about 6 weeks but with the two of us we can get a lot more done and accommodate the Northern Ireland last minute panic culture rather than turning decent paying work down.

D

Dougs Third Go

15 hotel en-suites to do at Lindeth Howe in Bowness, not a lot of tiling in them, but the timescale is tight:yikes:, probably need to turn each one round in 10 hours.

T

trevortine

No space left till Xmas then few bathroom refurbs to do January, end of January it's off to Doug Boardley country to start on a huge hotel bathroom refurb, enough work for 5 or six years throughout the chain.

Reaction score
The phone keeps ringing, and I have bookings through January already. I see my last post was over 2 months ago - been flat out since then! :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Leave me alone , NO,! I cannot do your tiling before Xmas , why do peeps think tilers are quiet ?.

Oh! Good to see you busy I get ...

On another note , just landed 5 full houses to do next yr as well.

Keep it coming I say.:)

M

m3fitter

So, it seems the recession is over, as its the busiest its been for a few years, if you're not busy.............. you're doing it wrong ;-)

I

Ian

There's tons of work out there, loads of new builds and extensions going up round here. I've got my heart set on a new van in September, hope it works out.

M

m3fitter

Is it a Robin reliant.. Bri ?? you won't get a TX1200 in there though, are you getting a sidecar ??

M

m3fitter

There's tons of work out there, loads of new builds and extensions going up round here. I've got my heart set on a new van in September, hope it works out.
If its happening in ' Grantham ' its happening everywhere, trust me

Reply to Busiest in 4 years.. Recession over.. official in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen