Search the forum,

Discuss Bullnose first? First time tile job, uneven wall... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

jmberg

-
Reaction score
Hello! First time tiling a bath. My issue is that the shower wall is about .5" (1.5cm) narrower at the top than at the tub edge over a span of about 7 feet (208cm). Should I begin tiling with the 2x6 inch bullnose edge and then trim the tiles on the inside corner edge? I'm just having a tough time imagining level tiles and grout lines throughout with this less-than-plumb outside edge.

I will be adding 1/4 inch beadboard panel on that exposed wood face with the bullnose covering the beadboard rough edge. Tiles are 4x12 subway, and plan for 1/8 inch grout lines. Thanks to anyone who can help me map out a best approach!

IMG_20200510_095016.jpg

Reply to Bullnose first? First time tile job, uneven wall... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen