Search the forum,

Discuss Blown plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
What's your tiling question? Pictures can be added.Hi I’ve stripped old tiles of bathroom wall and a lot of the old plaster has pulled of leaving uneven surface of about 2-3mm can I still tile this or will I need to fit backerboard. Neill.

Reaction score

Attachments

• 718B3A4E-2989-41CD-AAE5-9F81182F3D32.jpeg
    858.1 KB · Views: 18

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You will need to remove all the old Adhesive and any loose plaster, 6" scraper would be best. Then smooth out the missing areas. It is much easier to tile on flat surfaces as you get a consistent bed depth

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Looks like bonding coat and cannot be tiled directly too , scrape off all the loose and prime and patch in with one coat or re-skim. Another option if you have room is to dryline it.

Reply to Blown plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen