Search the forum,

Discuss Black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groucho

Hi all well regrouted a floor last week in black jesus it took for ever.double the normal time. I was going mad is there a specific way with black or is it just a pain in the ars*. Got black grout tomorrow on white tiles cant wait. Is it better with a grout gun? cheers groucho

S

Sully

Cleaning down difficulties has more to do with the type of tile / grout product. Using black simply means that you will more than likely have to throw away sponges but if say your grouting standard ceramics, the colour shouldn't really make a difference. What tiles had you fixed and which grout did you use?

Andrew

G

groucho

This was a new grout from granfix. Its there standard 2-20mm flexy with microban added. Ive done black before but it wasnt as bad as last week. going to try a different one tomorrow.

G

groucho

Yeh I know I cant think of the proper name for it but it has all the same qualties of microban.

G

groucho

I normally use Mapei but thought give it a go never again. I think your right there Mapei tomorrow for me

W

White Room

"Discription Forever white containing MICROBAN" that what it says at the top in the link

Reaction score
Hi mate. Yeah black grout is a pain!If the tiles are of a polished or glazed finish it's not too bad but if they're a matt finish e.g black slate then get ready to shoot em with ya grout gun!! :thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

BAL do a temporary sealant that will help and its easier to get a teporary sealant off than black grout haze:thumbsup:

Kev

G

GazTech

BAL do a temporary sealant that will help and its easier to get a teporary sealant off than black grout haze:thumbsup:

Kev
BAL Protective Sealer
protective.jpg

A water-based polymer emulsion specifically formulated to provide a temporary, protective coating to ceramic tile/mosaic surfaces during the grouting process. Suitable for use with all BAL grouting products.

BAL PROTECTIVE SEALER is a water dispersible temporary sealer designed to protect the tile surface against discolouration which may arise when using pigmented grouts. It is not a permanent sealer.

Reply to Black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen