Search the forum,

Discuss Black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

"Discription Forever white containing MICROBAN" that what it says at the top in the link

Reaction score
Hi mate. Yeah black grout is a pain!If the tiles are of a polished or glazed finish it's not too bad but if they're a matt finish e.g black slate then get ready to shoot em with ya grout gun!! :thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

BAL do a temporary sealant that will help and its easier to get a teporary sealant off than black grout haze:thumbsup:

Kev

G

GazTech

BAL do a temporary sealant that will help and its easier to get a teporary sealant off than black grout haze:thumbsup:

Kev
BAL Protective Sealer
protective.jpg

A water-based polymer emulsion specifically formulated to provide a temporary, protective coating to ceramic tile/mosaic surfaces during the grouting process. Suitable for use with all BAL grouting products.

BAL PROTECTIVE SEALER is a water dispersible temporary sealer designed to protect the tile surface against discolouration which may arise when using pigmented grouts. It is not a permanent sealer.

D

Deleted member 1779

Black grout.... Painful!

Paul our tiler BEGGED me not to use it with black tiles. Its better to use ivory and to pick out the tiles than use black grout and have a "slab of black" were his words.

shower1.jpg

I so nearly went for black grout on the feature wall but my God am I pleased I didnt. Not only saved myself months of clear up but also it would have stained the natural tiles next to it on the left.

If you get a black grout job in future see if you can talk em round to ivory !

G

GazTech

I would have preferred black for the back wall, showing off the shower fittings....the wall could have been grouted before the natural tile cut went against it....just a thought

Reply to Black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen