Search the forum,

Discuss black grout turns white? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

You will need the smallest bottle in that case it is 473ml (about 1/2 ltr)bottle. It has a 15 year warranty. You can get it from Taylors 01792 797712

Kev

S

sandeeeee2000

Hy
my tiler has put powder cement colour on the grouting, I dont know what he has mixed it with but it is still patchy...has anyone any thoughts on this before I proceed with other suggestions that have been made here. And will this "harm" my tiles?
Regards
Sandy

B

brigitte

Kev, I tried the olive oil and it made the grout in that spot look a deep black again. I have the black grout in my shower(!) with lots of water hitting it. So I can just treat all the grout lines with olive oil, wait 24 hours, scrub and vacuum and then seal it? I don't know if I can get the product you recommend since I live in Canada, but I have a commercial grade sealer with colour enhancer for the slate tile. Will that do?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Use Aquamix Enrich and seal in canada to darken the grout joints, you won't be able to seal over an oil..

Reply to black grout turns white? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen