Search the forum,

Discuss Big Hole in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Family friends asked me to replace a tile the plumber took off to replace a shower valve, whilst doing the work he managed to butcher and take out most of the wall that was holding the previous tile on. .any suggestions to fill the hole so I've actually got something to stick the repacement tile onto?
20150609_173343.jpg

S

Spare Tool

Hard to tell as there was no substrate left..but from what I could see no it didn't appear to have been

S

Spare Tool

They said it kept going scalding hot without touching the regulator...they live in Tenerife for 6 months of the year so probably got full of crap and seized up..

J

Just Rizzle

put my upvc windows in 10 yrs ago with the stuff sticks better than any thing i know. dont get it on yer hands you'll be scrubbing for days

S

Spare Tool

So would you maybe stick some moisture board round the valve on with the foam then the tile with cement ady or just foam the tile on?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Plasterboard adhesive after removing everything thats loose and priming. Then stick plasterboard to it to pack it out to where you need to tile. Then tank. Then tile.

Hope you used fischer bolts too Ray!

Reply to Big Hole in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen