Search the forum,

Discuss bevel edge brick tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

we all know these tiles, 150 x 70, 15 mm ish bevel. I've done white before with white grout and silicon and black tiles with black grout and silicon. Currently doing black tiles with white grout. My concern is the corners where the gap fluctuates between 2 and about 4/5mm because of the bevel. White silicon is going to emphasise this (just picturing wavey line)so would black silicon mask the corner better or am I overthinking this

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hiya,suppose black would be the easier option but if its white grout will it tie in? i know what you mean about the bevel,just keep the joint to a minimum,fill the joint carefully is what i would do faithy

F

faithhealer

would you believe I have just scribed a 200 mm border tile and never thought of scribing the bevel duh cheers dave

D

doug boardley

I did one last year, black tiles, white grout. Scribed (easy cos they were soft ceramic). looked well after siliconing internal corners with white:thumbsup:

P

Perry

always use clear silicone on dark worktops or in those situations or as Dave tells you :pete

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
If possible, I try to avoid a full tile into the corners for exactly this reason, saves scribing and lends to a better silicone job, in my humble opinion.

D

DHTiling

If possible, I try to avoid a full tile into the corners for exactly this reason, saves scribing and lends to a better silicone job, in my humble opinion.

If they have a bevelled edge top/bottom and right/left... how can you avoid scribing..?..

Reply to bevel edge brick tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen