Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss best sealer for travertine?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tactile

when sealing travertine do you seal it as many times as it takes until the tiles are totally saturated, before you stick them down?

or just give them the one coat
then another before grouting
then another at the end

or all of the above?

i have my first travertine job in a weeks time!

B

basshunter

from what i can make out:

fix tiles "raw" and work clean

seal

grout
seal,seal,seal until it wont drink anymore:thumbsup:

G

GazTech

from what i can make out:

fix tiles "raw" and work clean

seal

grout
seal,seal,seal until it wont drink anymore:thumbsup:
you can use this product...it impregnates...seals and is permanent....Gaz
FILA UNPLSHD TRAV/MARBLE IMPREG SEALER
Stain protection for unpolished travertine & tumbled marble.

Only £24.99

P

Proper Job

Fila is the best Gaz but regarding the sealing you really need to do it a few times, You can always test it to see if sealed ok by spraying water on the surface, if stays after 30 seconds its fine mate proceed to tile.

B

billy123

2 coats sealers goldprior to grout and 1 after around £21 from tile it all no point in cutting corners ive recently done 70 mtr job with it and used two bottles £21 is the trade price

P

Proper Job

applying a sealer or impregnator after grouting is a bad idea it takes ages for the grout haze to go, your just sealing it to the tile
----
should say grout dust

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tilermandan

Done quite a few travertine jobs and always used litholin mn stain stop.On occasions have used with litholin colour enhancer. litholin tech support i found are great and definatly worth a call if in any doubt.

P

pullmyhairout

Any of you lot tried to seal 60x60 Evo Calacatta porcelain tiles with any of the suggested sealers.
The tiles are from Italy and are from the Rondine Factory.
Rondine reccomend Fila products but of all the variuos combinations of products tried and tested on showroom tiles, nothing works as shoe marks/trafficked ares are clearly visible within the tile and will not be cleaned afterwards, even after doing this with several variations of product on new tiles.

bet you cant give me a concrete answer!!

thanks

B

basshunter

Since posting originally i have tried a lot of sealers.Turns out ltp mattstone is the best for sealing travertine...Why?
Its the easiest to use,it doesnt streak,its a sensible price and as a bonus its a british product :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

I like it as well.....

Just tried sealers choice gold last week....good stuff..pricey though..

E

enduro

I use Aqua mix Sealers choice gold. Once the floor has been grouted and dried i use a white scrub pad on my floor scrubber (Dry) this remove every bit of residue, then once clean i apply sealer.

Reply to best sealer for travertine?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks