Search the forum,

Discuss Best Grout sealer to prevent staining/discolouration in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris Maple

The Granite Gold series works very well for me. The only downside is it separates the polisher from the sealer, which means you have to apply a conditioner separately from the sealer. Here are some more reviews on the Granite Gold.

Hi,

I am putting wood effect tiles down which are porcelain (porcelanosa Chelsea bone to be specific) which are quite light in colour and will probably have a relatively light beige colour grout to match. Was looking for some advice on which sealer was best to prevent staining of grout and to make tiles themselves easier to clean. I have used lithofin stainstop before but am open to recommendations.

Reaction score
Grout sealers only stops grout from staining not getting dirty, making it easier to clean.
Repeated washing with domestic that have bleaching agents or detergents breaks the sealer down allowing the dirt to stain the grout over time as the protection has been washed away which is the common reason for people saying they dont work.
Whichever sealer is used then use the recommended clnr to go with it.

Reply to Best Grout sealer to prevent staining/discolouration in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen