Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best disc for high glazed tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

kaharrison9

Evening all
Any suggestions?
Have been tinkering around tonight with some very high glazed porcelanosa tiles for a future job.
Using my angle grinding and wet cutting noticed there are many fine chippins that stand out badly due to the colour of the tile.
Admittedly the 2 discs are for hard porcelain and are rubi so would seem i could do with a disc more suited,any ideas?
Cheers
Kev

T

Time's Ran Out

Why not just cut them on a Rubi ts600 or whatever.
Put in a new cutting wheel and your away.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

K

kaharrison9

Hi John
Have tried a size 10 wheel lightly scoring which gave quite a clean cut but wouldn't mind having the back up a of disc as well that gives a good clean cut if required.
Very expensive tiles and quite a lot of future work if all goes well so wanting to be well prepared.
Cheers
Kev

K

kaharrison9

Seem to have had some success with the chipping
Bought a couple of size 10 rubi wheels.
One for the cutter and the other to use manualy cemented into a wooden handle.
Replaced my old wet cutter as the bearings were screaming and cut to the side of the scribe line.
Very good result and a slight file on the cut edge should finish it off
Thanks
Kev

Reply to Best disc for high glazed tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks