Search the forum,

Discuss best and worst tools bought in 2012 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Best buy and i was sceptical if possible they could be of any real use is the PLS FT90 floor laser.

I took a punt on it with only been able to research it on the net and not able to see one in action.

Very powerful laser and also a true crossed line laser with 4 beams rather than the 2 laser beam 90 degrees others tend to be.

Possibly worst buy though not so much the product more me was a £400 tablet to mainly show customers my work,prepping,bullnose,etc.

Just not had time to get it up and running and go back to earlier jobs and photo completed bathrooms.

What tablet did you get cause you could probably use it for so much more than a portfolio

K

kaharrison9

motorola xoom.
Sure there is many other uses pal.
I find during the day i do not get chance to use it.
I prefer to send pictures,invoices,quotes,etc from the home laptop.
Can see me passing it on to my little daughter soon.

A

AMtek

Stabila lax50 - excellent
Makita bga 452 18v grinder - excellent
Makita bhp452 drill driver - excellent
Makita bss611 circular saw - excellent
Bosch pst550 jigsaw - excellent
Stanley TRE550 pin gun - average
Vitres 10 3450 bridge saw - very good
Transit SWB semi-high top - Possibly the best thing i have ever bought
Worx SDS drill (bought from argos because i didn't have mine with me) - Pretty poor

Don't think i've invested in anything that turned out to be a lemon (apart from a member of staff)

Last edited by a moderator:

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Best tools I bought this year are Stanley fatmax extreme 1.8 and .6 levels truly are great levels and I've used stabila all my days! And My Makita cordless lithium screwdriver ! Evolution paddle mixer!

Worst tools were addax grinding wheel , and my Makita cordless grinder ! Ptx diamond drill bits

D

Deleted member 1779

Best tool for 2012 is my LED headlamp

Fed up working on dark building sites with no power

564676_10151160679202014_71508877_n.jpg

It runs on a CREE LED light and can last half a day on constant use when put into low mode (Half light) which is good enough
for bathroom work.

And with spare batteries its good value.

Went for low luminums (300) and a long life at at £9.99 with a bit of PP its cheap. Spare battery too !!

Bought from Ebay

If we are doing work on construction sites it fits over the hard hat. If we are working on commercial or domestic then just pop on the head.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

My best buy was my Transit van, off ebay but I think I got a good deal. Worst buy was a spiked roller from Topps (thought it might help with slc) absolute waste of time and money, I can do better with a good trowel and a feather edge.

As 2013 is my 46th year in this industry, I am thinking of writing a book, I thought a good title might be "The tools I have worked with":lol: (for the guys I have worked with, this is a joke):thumbsup:

I

Ian

My best buy was my Transit van, off ebay but I think I got a good deal. Worst buy was a spiked roller from Topps (thought it might help with slc) absolute waste of time and money, I can do better with a good trowel and a feather edge.

As 2013 is my 46th year in this industry, I am thinking of writing a book, I thought a good title might be "The tools I have worked with":lol: (for the guys I have worked with, this is a joke):thumbsup:

I bought one of those rollers Phil, did all the spikes fall off after about 2 jobs like mine? :lol:

Reply to best and worst tools bought in 2012 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen