Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Benferflex in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

M1d1

Hi everyone

I am not at all certain about the adhesive u have been using. Its the white benferflex, I picked up a load at new years to bring back to Germany.

How long does it take to go off. I sure I used it last time and it was about twenty minutes or so. This seems to squirm about for hours. Could the adhesive have gone bad. It is I believe a couple of weeks out of date.

The stuff I laid on Saturday was good on Sunday. But I couldn't get the whole floor down because it was too wiggly. It doesn't have that normal tile adhesive smell if that makes sense.

I'm just worried about problems with failure in the future so will stop using it. I just want to know if this is how it normally is or is it just rubbish.

Cheers all

W

White Room

Benferflex would be the slow setting one, not that I use now, depends on storage over a time but if it was rapid it would say.

Also depends on the tiles your using, porcelain wouldn't absorb the moisture like a ceramic tile.

M

M1d1

Benferflex would be the slow setting one, not that I use now, depends on storage over a time but if it was rapid it would say.

Also depends on the tiles your using, porcelain wouldn't absorb the moisture like a ceramic tile.

I'm laying some villory & boch porcelain. They are absolute cack, think they are seconds. Not 100% straight on edges (I am a joiner so super anal on things being bang on). There is a slight belly here and there over the length. I left some adhesive in a flexi tub to see what its like in the morning. It seems to skin over a little but stay the same inside and stays like that for hours. I must have used the rapid sets in the past.

W

White Room

I'm laying some villory & boch porcelain. They are absolute cack, think they are seconds. Not 100% straight on edges (I am a joiner so super anal on things being bang on). There is a slight belly here and there over the length. I left some adhesive in a flexi tub to see what its like in the morning. It seems to skin over a little but stay the same inside and stays like that for hours. I must have used the rapid sets in the past.

I know a tiler who used(even still might) Benferflex and would leave it in a tub over night and continue using the next day:confused:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That will defo be the slow set you have there, you are right as you say the Rapidset you normally have 20-30 mins. I've left slow set in a tub overnight and its still not set next day but would never use it.

Reply to Benferflex in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks