Discuss Bathroom tiling help. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Cabnero

Hi again guys. I'm on day 2 if tiling my mum's bathroom thanks to you all with help prep and layout which I'm happy with. However there is a couple of problems which I should have checked and asked about. Firstly the walls have been dot and dabed by the builder and screwed and plugged. However I've only today noticed slight movement in the wall where it meets the window wall. I know I should have double checked but it is half tiled now. There is a dab unscrewed which I will plug and screw but don't think it's going to make a difference. Can in do anything else. I.e use a long screw. Any suggestions would be welcome. Can I check re the hardie. It's down and screwed with turbo golds 4 x25 as suggested. Some of the heads are slightly proud of the board. Is this OK or will I be ok to screw them again. Thanks again fellas.

W

White Room

Hi again guys. I'm on day 2 if tiling my mum's bathroom thanks to you all with help prep and layout which I'm happy with. However there is a couple of problems which I should have checked and asked about. Firstly the walls have been dot and dabed by the builder and screwed and plugged. However I've only today noticed slight movement in the wall where it meets the window wall. I know I should have double checked but it is half tiled now. There is a dab unscrewed which I will plug and screw but don't think it's going to make a difference. Can in do anything else. I.e use a long screw. Any suggestions would be welcome. Can I check re the hardie. It's down and screwed with turbo golds 4 x25 as suggested. Some of the heads are slightly proud of the board. Is this OK or will I be ok to screw them again. Thanks again fellas.

Dot and dabbed with plasterboard ?

W

White Room

Quoted;There is a dab unscrewed which I will plug and screw but don't think it's going to make a difference. Can in do anything else.

Has the dri wall adhesive become unstuck ?

C

Cabnero

No the adhesive is pretty solid. By tapping the board there is a solid sound which I assume is a dab. I don't think screwing this will make a difference to the movement though. I think there is too big a gap between the dabs. This is the only area of movement there is.

C

Cabnero

Thanks Cris. Dint you have to be careful how much you put in our it will form a belly? I presume I need to tillage the piece of plastboard?

W

White Room

If boards of 8x4 was used the dabs there should be 3 vertical dabs fairly close, horizontal about 400mm....does that sound right when tapping the boards ?

C

Cabnero

Yeah roughly. I think there is a missing dab horizontally between the one I've mentioned and the area of movement. Trouble is not sure about the quality of the builders work so can't day he'd have done this "by the book". I can call him tomorrow to find out.

W

White Room

Your best bet to start with is as you say plug and screw in the area where it's loose but only where the dabs are...

C

Cabnero

Thank you guys. I'll try that. Do I need to replace the piece of pb that I cut out our tile across.

Reply to Bathroom tiling help. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks