Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom shelf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alainplus

I recently tiled the walls of a new shower room. I was wondering, how can I install a shelf on a tiled wall without removing any tiles? It will be used to hold shampoos and soaps.

G

GazTech

mark where you want the holes in the tiles to be for a rawlplug,level and with a pencil .Mark the holes,then take those tiles off the wall to make sure there is no pipework where you want the holes,if no pipes,re-tile and grout,then drill the holes in the tiles with an electric drill.Place rawlplugs in the holes and screw the shelf up using a screwdriver hope this helps
----
Or you could always leave tiles on and use an electronic pipe/wire detector

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

Drill the holes, if it leaks its the plumbers fault, he can get over that...oh got that around the wrong way its the plumber who says the tiler can get over that!!!!

G

GazLC81

Mark spot for holes then use one hand to drill, and use the other hand to cross your fingers! lol

Gaz

I think I should get a pipe/stud detector at some point...... i'm probably pushing my luck now! j/k

G

grumpygrouter

Go to 365 drills and by a kit from them. Makes light work of ceramics! Only problem I find sometimes is that the rawl plug can sometimes spin in the hole becasue the grippy bit is trying to bite into the tile and doesn't do a very good job!

Last edited by a moderator:

wayne

TF
Reaction score
tell the customer its the plumbers job to put acessories up.......... works every time and gets them on the plumbers back for once.

Reply to Bathroom shelf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen