Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

476ec40a.jpg

877b6822.jpg

D

davemul

should have expected this but came as a shock... 2.5kg of grout to do just this mosaic tray!

need to get some more kerpoxy... today!!

god knows where in kent will have some

90ae874d.jpg

743fee33.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Dave - despite all the preparation the final fixing of the tiles and subsequent grouting is what this job is all about.
As you have shown a warts an all account of the 'Bathroom project' you are to be commended for asking all the questions and using the information to put together an excellent thread.
However to offer what I hope can be taken as constructive advice - I think that the fixing of the mosaic in the tray could have been straighter and the first full tile on the second row of wall tiles from the tray is showing a lippage shadow that should be altered. As I'd previously posted my concern at the broken bond pattern you have chosen, this design pattern can be difficult to complete if the tiles are bowed.

D

davemul

taken as so John :)

Mosaics in the actual flesh look great.. i think my pony photo taking skills accentuate it a bit more than it really is. As for the lipped tile, indeed there is. That wall was VERY bad and I had a hard time getting it ironing board straight :( However again in the flesh its ok for me. Im not a pro and know that, and appreciate the constructive criticism mate. This is my first ever bathroom.. hopefully 2nd one will be better :)

D

davemul

and im out of grout. 10kg done. So me and the washboy are going to spend some time together!

will grab a few more tubs of epoxy this week and finish off the doorway and do the niches :)

then some silicone work and get the damn bath up here out of the front room!

d5e3a0cc.jpg

ac1b3b7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Looks good dave! Are you pleased with it so far?

very pleased mate, considering im just your average joe that sits at a desk.. i think its come on pretty well so far. It'll do me! :)

I HATE grouting though, worked that out today!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

looking good dave, you could have made life a bit easier for yourself by putting service valves on the pipes, no need to switch the water off then when your fitting the basin etc. and less mess

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen