Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I prefer the retro look if I'm honest Dave!!!! :)

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Boxed in the soil pipe and trial boarded up the concealed cistern framework. Missing a part for the super duper light flush button... Grohe kindly sent one out to me as goodwill today. Nice grohe!

6fff6f0c.jpg

Porsadrills arrived... feel really cheap but do the job... they do chip the tile if you arent carefull though!! :mad2::thumbsdown:

So, holes drilled and tricky tiles laid.... measurements had to be SPOT on!

1c40bac7.jpg

90fd64ab.jpg

Oh and architrave fitted, recessed screen channel fitted and tiled / sealed. I impressed myself with this!

4bf67951.jpg

02e45b50.jpg

Thats all for today!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I take my hat off to you Dave, if this is your first job, you must have been a tiler in a previous life.:thumbsup: Just one question, your avatar, is that a comedian from the old TV show The Comedians? (Bernard Manning & co), if it is you, please accept my apologies:lol: Good work, either way.

M

mattle40

better finish than probably 80% of people out there trading as tilers, you should be very proud of this as im sure you are

cant wait to see finished :drool5:

D

davemul

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys.

Phil, the pic is a guy called Mike Strutter from MTV... v v funny (but an acquired taste I think, youtube him but make sure no kids are about)

D

davemul

not massively mate, finished the towel rail wall, mounted the taptile controls for the lighting behing the tiles too...... put some mosaics up..

going to try and finish enough walls so I can grout tomorrow

4a5d7310.jpg

f9a057e1.jpg

0f85ef67.jpg

908ac06d.jpg

D

davemul

I decided to tackle the gulley problem where the mosaics ended up lower than the drain cover. No good really is it!

a570601e.jpg

so I bought a different gully from impey, hoping it was lower profile.. it was... but doesnt fit properly

57a84566.jpg

e1520e6e.jpg

It look sSO much nicer than the other one though.. and could do with being a little lower.. so

Fein multimaster plus a steady hand results in this

2e307ade.jpg

its now at a perfect height

bf05661c.jpg

of course it still doesnt fit and is only resting on the gulley, so I will re jiggle and set induvidual mosaics to meet the new smaller drain cover, then silicone the drain cover tray. This will hold it in place. The actual grid is heavy and just sits in the tray

hopefully, problem solved!

any controversial opinions much welcomed before I make things permanent

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen