Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Feather the edge of shower tray with adhesive and allow to set....

Created on iPhone.....

Just going back to this point... can I use tubbed adhesive to make this feathered join?

Not that im being stingy as I have 6 blimin bags of keraflex maxi... but rather than open a bag and mix a small lot... I do have a tub of mapegrip that I used for the kitchen.... still some left so would be great if I could use that?

D

doug boardley

Just going back to this point... can I use tubbed adhesive to make this feathered join?

Not that im being stingy as I have 6 blimin bags of keraflex maxi... but rather than open a bag and mix a small lot... I do have a tub of mapegrip that I used for the kitchen.... still some left so would be great if I could use that?
No Dave, use the keraflex.

D

davemul

Guys, a bit of help/opinion required please :)

Setting out the wall tiles.

Tiles are 330x500 and I will be tiling in a brick bond pattern. I'm a bit stumped on how I should set out, basically what areas to focus on.

I have the shower mixer control on one wall
Then a niche and TV on the wall next
Then 2 niches on the wall next to that

Im thinking I should set out from the TV as thats pretty much what everyone will look at really!

Should Niches generally have tile joins slap bang in the middle?

If I set out from the shower mixer control, I can get it in the middle of one tile, but this will leave non central cuts for the first niche next to it

Want to get it right first time. Im thinking that it will be impossible to get central cuts on all so best to focus on one main feature

Shower control
Niche(s)
TV

couple of pics below showing. (there will be a screen on the left of shower)

c7089aac.jpg

c91d83d5.jpg

8c2836fd.jpg

cfcd8df9.jpg

e8bdcb46.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

With square mosaic and square floor tiles - I'am just surprised you've gone for a rectangular shaped wall tile and 'brick bond'.
Although one would try to follow the whole tile pattern around the corners in the 'brick bond' design, I'd have a look first at centring the walls to make all your features equal to the eye and following the bulk of the cut around the corners.

D

davemul

Right, floor set out. Just need to lift tiles on the right of box section and I can kick off!

63f6dc9b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen