Discuss Bal Rapid Flex Fibre Plus Vs Ultimate in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've quoted for a job 35 metres polished porcelain using TileMaster Ultimate onto a newly screeded Orangery. The customer has since come back saying Topps will give them a substantial discount on the tiles if they purchase the Bal adhesive in the title. Anyone out there used it? Is it any good? Can it really justify being twice the price of Ultimate?

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Indeed they are......don't like seeing people getting ripped off though. Bal gear at Topps seems particularly overpriced.

O

One Day

It's very good adhesive - BAL of course.
Nice to work with too. Goes off a bit faster than TM Ultimate though.
The downside is that the customer will likely be paying about £50 a bag in order to get their discount on the tiles.

(I'd be really careful with customers like that. - a bit thick! :confused: )

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
We've already had lengthy discussions over the screed, along the lines of "my builder says it'll be dry enough to tile on in 2 days"! So yeah I agree, tread carefully with customers like these.

O

One Day

Builders:

god-by-monty-python.jpg

J

J Sid

We've already had lengthy discussions over the screed, along the lines of "my builder says it'll be dry enough to tile on in 2 days"! So yeah I agree, tread carefully with customers like these.
There are ways you can tile the screed after a few days.
Sounds like Topps need to up there figures on the sales of bal products.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've nothing against Bal, years ago it was always our first choice gear. I think manufacturers have caught up now though (some at least) and if you can get a comparable product for half the price from a still relatively small independent company such as TileMaster, then I'd rather go that route. As for tiling onto a green screed, agree perfectly possible with the right gear and wallet, still rather it dry though.

O

Old Mod

Well without knowing all the facts,
Ultimate would seem the perfect choice,
It is a green screed adhesive anyway.

Reply to Bal Rapid Flex Fibre Plus Vs Ultimate in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks