Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Mosaic Fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I have read on a number of occasions that Mosaic fix is the best powder adhesive you can get. I am in all probablilty going to be fixing marbel tiles 30x30 to a bathroom wall, weight of around 27kg/m2. What would be the advantage of using mosaic fix over SPF? Cost is not too much of an issue.

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

bal mosiac fix is.....
A bright white, non-slip, water and frost-resistant, cementitious wall and floor tile adhesive specially formulated for fixing mosaic tiles including glass mosaics. It is also suitable for fixing ceramic wall and floor tiles, metal or glass tiles, marble, terrazzo, and natural stone in interior and exterior locations. Suitable for use in swimming pools. Can be used on most surfaces including MDF (in internal dry areas).

bal spf is..........
A flexible, non-slip, water-resistant and frost-resistant wall and floor tile adhesive, especially suitable for fixing tiles, including fully vitirfied and porcelain tiles to low porosity backgrounds/bases. Suitable for use on concrete/brick/block walling, cement:sand rendering, plaster, plasterboard, cement sheets, tile backer boards, concrete bases, cement:sand screeds, plywood overlay, ceramic/quarry tile/terrazzo/hard natural stone, vinyl tiles/sheet bases, mastic asphalt. Conforms to BS EN 12004, Type C, Class 2T.

hope this helps......dave.....

G

grumpygrouter

Cheers Dave. Generally then could use either but SPF white is only marginally cheaper. You must have used both, is one easier to use than the other? Would you bother with moasiac fix for marble or just spf?

Thanks mate

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

To tell you the truth grumps iv'e only used spf and i find it very good for marbles etc.....i think mosaic fix was designed more for mosaics and glass than anything else really but thats my opion only.........dave....

G

grumpygrouter

OK, that will do for me then. If I decide to try mosaic, I'll let you know my opinion.

Grumps

Reply to BAL Mosaic Fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen