Discuss Bal Grout Swatches.... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

Much as I can'knock Bal for the speed in which they sent out these grout swatches(I only rang up yesterday morning.
I only wanted 1! Not 5!
On a sidenote surely there must be more colour variation than this?

20190131_115302.jpg

J

J Sid

try Ardex swatches, they send 5 at a time as well and are handy to have to leave with customers.
they do a bigger colour variation.

O

On one

I am looking to switch to Bal grout as I was very impressed with the usability of MM2 .
Yes, MM2 and user friendly in the same sentence!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

On one

Seems like Bal do a more comprehensive range of coloured grouts,but you pay for the privilege....£26 a 5kg bag (Topps)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really wanted to like tilemaster grout when I first used it but found it was quite slow setting in comparison to MM2 and on porcelain it was way too long.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seems like Bal do a more comprehensive range of coloured grouts,but you pay for the privilege....£26 a 5kg bag (Topps)

Should be able to haggle a bit.

BD6C9642-D14D-4341-8D57-40925C8B38AB.jpeg

O

On one

I really wanted to like tilemaster grout when I first used it but found it was quite slow setting in comparison to MM2 and on porcelain it was way too long.
10m2 of ceramics in a cold unheated house.......one wash off with a sponge,leave for 30 mins and buff off the tiles.....gone!

O

On one

I prefer less choice . Grey , white , ivory , that's all you used to need . Some of the slightly olders may say that is one or two too many
It is not until you put grout swatches up to a tile,that you realise how much slight shade differences in the tile/grout matters.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah, they used to be 99p.
I blame Brexit.

D

Dumbo

It is not until you put grout swatches up to a tile,that you realise how much slight shade differences in the tile/grout matters.
You better not use gunmetal then, by all reports that is likely to be various shades of grey

Reply to Bal Grout Swatches.... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks