Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

i remember guys in the 80s using string, and dry spaghetti and swan vestas were a must for the old project tiles you modern guys havent lived lol:blush:

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Weird how we all differ as regards to our 'eye for detail'. I'm blessed and cursed for having a finely tuned eye for detail...if I do say so myself :)

Its always held me in good stead and has allowed me to take calculated risks if doing something for the first time. I do know when to say 'no' though.

Its a shame when people subject others to that pile of *****. Either because they have absolutely no conscience or are so desperate to earn some money that they'll convince themselves that they're capable of 'pulling it off',

Reaction score
WP_20140303_002.jpg
WP_20140303_001.jpg
Time for a hall of shame gallery? Its shocking what some people seem to get away with.

S

slythetiler

Shocking tiling right There!! Never amazes me what some so called tilers will try and get away with. The trouble is, we can all get tared with the same brush! I know i have lost out on jobs to cheaper quotes, because i have been called by the customer to try and sort out the fu** up caused by the jobber who quoted cheaper. String line tiling......cant fault it! 3mm and 4mm yacht cord is perfect. Used it in Norway, 2 men one room, as soon as the base row was set, one guy strung the line, second guy dropped a row on, first guy strung the line and so on..around the whole room, not one wall at a time either! you would be surprised how quick it can be done, and how neat the grout lines are too!!

Reply to Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks