Discuss Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
copied these pics from a Facebook forum I'm on.
Apparently they sacked the guy doing the job !

IMG_1223.PNG IMG_1224.PNG IMG_1225.PNG IMG_1226.PNG

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seen to much of this. But why does a customer always wait until job is complete or as near as, then chuck them off the job.
Always check. In some cases they seem to be embarrassed and don't want to be seen to be looking over the workers shoulders. Simple solution, bring up a few cuppas and have a gander. If you don't like what you see, raise your concerns straight away.
You may be spun a fib that when grouted etc it will be fine. It won't.
If you can't raise it then, wait until he/she goes home on the first day. Get up and go through the job throughly and if it's bad and we all know what is and isn't whether your an office worker or tradesperson, you will have seen many examples of good and bad tiling ie pub/restaurant toilets, shopping centres and friends homes etc.
If it's bad get them out asap as it will be quicker and cheaper to rectify.
If in doubt talk it out, if still in doubt chuck em out.

W

Wes

Agree with you there smokie always keep my customers in the loop as to how progress on job is when they bring brews in and sometimes the odd bacon butty☕

T

Time's Ran Out

I always lock them out!
Nothing worse than a customer seeing a job half done. Too many questions - why have you put matchsticks in the joints? That’s when I stop for a cup of coffee and have to start again! Why is there a gap in the corner? Why is that wall darker than this wall?
Go away!

Reaction score
My late father used matchsticks in joints in the 8o,s I remember helping him on a job when I was 13 , a match fell out the joint & I stood on it in the bath it sparked up & burnt the bath, acrylic bath...He belted me in the chin.....Am sure he buffed it out with wet sandpaper though......

T

Time's Ran Out

They were all duds!
No plastic pegs with sand and cement fixing - all environmentally friendly wood matches - Swan Vesta were the best.

Reply to Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks