Search the forum,

Discuss Back injury prevention in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas,help,tips for preventing back pain? Ive had surgery 3 years ago on my L4/L5 herniated disc and has been pretty stable since, but this last week my back has gone again. Its a real disability im sure some of you understand when not being able to move freely. I wear a compression belt at work everyday. Heads up my arse tbh!!

W

White Room

If its that bad maybe time for a change of career, with the kind of bending, lifting and twisting involved.

O

One Day

Anything you can do to strengthen core muscles will help.
Core strength is about preventing the movement which damages spines.
I also swear by a good osteopath 3 or 4 times a year to correct minor problems - put stuff back in place etc...

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm currently working with a herniated disc and it's horrible. It's painful, I'm working at half pace and driving the van or just being a passenger in our car sends my left leg numb. I'm due to be reassessed in 2 weeks but am seeing improvements. Given the option I'd have taken surgery months back. Hope you can remedy your back soon @james hailwood, have real sympathy for you.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently working with a herniated disc and it's horrible. It's painful, I'm working at half pace and driving the van or just being a passenger in our car sends my left leg numb. I'm due to be reassessed in 2 weeks but am seeing improvements. Given the option I'd have taken surgery months back. Hope you can remedy your back soon @james hailwood, have real sympathy for you.
Cheers rich, had the chiro out this morning which has helped a bit. Gonna continue with him for a bit. Nothing worse than disc pain. He said to start working smart n less gung ho carrying big heavy tools, tiles etc. Need to be smashing core more too. Plank n side plank is great plus foam rolling hips n IT band daily

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas,help,tips for preventing back pain? Ive had surgery 3 years ago on my L4/L5 herniated disc and has been pretty stable since, but this last week my back has gone again. Its a real disability im sure some of you understand when not being able to move freely. I wear a compression belt at work everyday. Heads up my arse tbh!!
Look.up the reverse hyper by a man called Louis Simmons he's a lunatic powerlifting coach he knows his stuff also look up.joe rogan on YouTube he suffered with serious back issues and his podcasts could teach u a fair bit

Reply to Back injury prevention in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen