Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Tiling DVD in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MrSpoon

not sure if its a new thing but its the first time ive noticed it anyway, b&q have a tiling dvd for the grand total of £1.98 :yes:
perfect for me as ive never laid a tile in my life and was very informative, very good explanations as to what your supposed to do and why and what not to do etc, unlike a different one i got from ebay which just said do this, do that, with little explanations atall really

total running time for the wall tiling part is 1 hour 16 min, which takes you step by step with thorough detail from start to finish, topic titles from this section are...

Before you begin
Preperation
Planning
> Measuring up
> Making a gauge rod
> Positioning the first tile
Fixing
...field tiles
...edging tiles
...around a feature
...edging trim
...to a window recess
Grouting, sealing and maintenance
Cutting and shaping tiles
Mosaics
Repairs and improvements
Be safe
Credits

total running time for the second part (flooring) is 46 minutes, topics from this section are...

Preperation
Planning
> Measuring up
> Positioning the key tile
> Adjusting the key tile
Fixing
...Field tiles
...Edging tiles
...Around a corner
...Under a door surround
Grouting, sealing and maintenance
Cutting and shaping tiles
Be safe
Credits

so there you go, if anyone is completely new and fancies having a go, this could be right up your street before trying it for yourself or booking yourself onto a course :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

floydyboy

the dvd seems to cover a lot for the sake of £2 Iwill go and buy it to see if it any good.

F

floydyboy

Thats wat i thougt Cutmore but the information given above seems a bit advanced for diy'ers and is taught in the tiling schools so i will have a look later:thumbsup:

M

MrSpoon

will probably seema load of rubbish to experienced tilers, but for someone like me who doesnt know a tile from a garden gnome, its ideal :lol:

M

MICK the Tiler

I'm guessing but this DVD would have been produced by a pro, So it would have alot of merit. :thumbsup:

Reply to B&Q Tiling DVD in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen