Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ats Diamond Tools in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Concrete guy

Ask away. Or give me a call during during the day for a longer chat if it's more involved.

Reaction score
Ask away. Or give me a call during during the day for a longer chat if it's more involved.
Yes I'll call you tomorrow what's the best time to ring, you sent me two pads a couple of years ago I think we'll I was polishing a pool last week and run out of my pads I normally use so in desperation was searching around in my box and found the pads you said try well one of them was mustard and had your logo on the back so I want to buy some now

C

Concrete guy

Any time 9am to 5pm it'll either be Paul or me that answers the phone. Before 3:30pm for same day shipping.

If you want a technical conversation ask for me (Alan).

Reaction score
This is a picture of the pad, is this a flexible copper?

1444165896872.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Yes that's a copper bonded diamond pad. Designed for concrete and similar abrasive materials, long lifespan, sometimes referred to as "hybrid pads" as they are somewhere in between grinding and polishing.

We do #30, #50, #100, #200 & #400 in these, 100mm or 125mm.

What are you polishing?

Reaction score
A material called pacelite, a swimming pool plaster !,or fine terrazzo ,marble chippings, marble dust , cement. I was very impressed with it's performance, I had 60 s in another type of pad that were not touching it, the longer you leave this material the harder it gets,.

Reaction score
Just posted a little film to your Facebook page, it's simple to upload take a look, I'll ring soon and order some 125 pads look good! Only used that 50 bit course for our finish, we usually use 60s and done not sure if 100 would be too fine

C

Concrete guy

That looks very cold and very wet!

It might be worth having a #30 pad in your kit to sort out localised lumps and bumps quickly.

If these are simply used for smoothing the surface rather than creating an actual finish I'm not sure you'd need #100. The #30 and #50 would probably be just fine. You might want to try a semi rigid rubber backer to allow the pads to take on more of the shape of the curve, this will reduce the edge wear that you get in the image you posted above.

Reply to Ats Diamond Tools in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks