Search the forum,

Discuss ATS Diamond Blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kimboslash

After advice on this forum I purchased a couple of blades from ATS diamond Tools last week...

Just thought I would give my opinion: I tested them out over the last few days and I must say I am now a convert. the delivery was fast, very impressed with the performance of the blades and at a very reasonable price.

To anyone on the fence about buying these, I highly recommend them and i will soon head back to buy more - That is all!

I

Ian

I've had many cores from ATS and they are excellent, no blades yet but I'll be needing a couple soon. What blades did you use?

K

kimboslash

The continuous rim and thin turbo blades.

Both performed as well as some of the premium brands and at only a fraction of what i have paid before.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

We've got a new blade in this week. Vacuum brazed Cut and Grind with an M14 fitting.

Available in 100mm, 115mm & 125mm. I'll be uploading it onto our website this week.

It's a kind of all purpose cutting and grinding solution that screws straight onto the thread of your polisher/grinder. This also gives it the benefit of being able to flush cut.

P1100219_zps9gaje5j6.jpg

C

Concrete guy

That would be the closest to the Pro gres that we do. It's a great all round porcelain/hard ceramic/quartz blade but no good in soft stuff like travertine and limestone.

Feedback we've had though is if you're doing a polished or particularly dense porcelain the continuous rim blade reduces breakout and chipping, especially when used with a sponge. Gary found this method useful with Porcelthin.

Buy off our website rather than eBay, it's a bit cheaper.

I

Ian

Thanks mate, I'll perhaps get one of each. Need a load of cores as well, I'll work out what sizes this afternoon and get an order in [emoji106]

C

Concrete guy

That new cut & grind disc looks interesting Alan [emoji106]

Think of it as a problem solver for shaping and grinding as well as a cut off blade.

It will be good with marble and travertine and other friable materials as the consistent continuous coverage gives a smooth cutting/grinding action.

This is coarse though (#30/40 grit) it's not going to give a nice finished surface but it is going to shape/trim quickly if a tile is a few mm oversized and the cut edge is hidden or you come across a lump of concrete that needs grinding off quickly.

It's Pepperami Hot, a bit of animal.

S

Stocks Tiles

I am certainly going to try these blades, so many good reviews and much cheaper than the pro gres that I currently use.

Reply to ATS Diamond Blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen