Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member of this forum, thanks.
Need advice on Ardex wpc. Applied a few days ago 2 coats as specified. I am tiling my shower area shortly but find the Ardex to be mildly tacky, is the tile cement and tile going to adhere or is there a problem heading my way.
Many thanks ChrisD

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
It’s normally bone dry in an hour or so. What have you put it on to?
Jacks board, some places it’s dry but one patch has a mild sticky feel when you put your palm on it, I checked with the manufacturer of the board and they said yes Ardex is fine. Just worried now that if I try to tile it long term tiles may not have stuck properly and possibly drop off.
[automerge]1589740550[/automerge]
Jacks board, some places it’s dry but one patch has a mild sticky feel when you put your palm on it, I checked with the manufacturer of the board and they said yes Ardex is fine. Just worried now that if I try to tile it long term tiles may not have stuck properly and possibly drop off.
Jackoboard
[automerge]1589740611[/automerge]
It’s normally bone dry in an hour or so. What have you put it on to?
It’s Jackoboard

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Jackoboard needed to be tanked. Just the joints taped and sealed etc.

ChrisD

-
Reaction score
I wasn't aware Jackoboard needed to be tanked. Just the joints taped and sealed etc.
It’s one of those dilemmas, you have enough tanking solution left over to all the shower area so I did, not a tiler so I am over engineering everything. Many thanks for your reply. 👍

Reply to Ardex in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen