Search the forum,

Discuss Apprenticeship in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Good luck geezer!
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

A

Aston

Hi guys

I'm 22 and I joined a few months back looking for advice and got a great response. Anyway I have been trying for 3 months now to get into the tiling trade and it's finally paid off, a tiler local to me has offered to take me on as apprentice/trainee and teach me all aspects of tiling cause I didn't stop pestering him, (joke) he said I had the right attitude and wants to expand haha, anyway I hope to pack my current job in And be the best tiler I can be.

Thanks guys

great news!
persistance pays hey ;0)

make sure you make the most of this and find a college that does wall and floor tiling and do your nvqs on day release so that you become a properly qualified..
all the best and good luck ;0)

D

Dumbo

great news!
persistance pays hey ;0)

make sure you make the most of this and find a college that does wall and floor tiling and do your nvqs on day release so that you become a properly qualified..
all the best and good luck ;0)
Unless it's changed I only thought that there were two colleges that did tiling . Salford I think and Portsmouth

A

Aston

I know they have cut tiling departments but i didnt think it was that bad.

Pretty sure hugh baird college in liverpool still do tiling, st helens did about 3 years ago and i thought birmingham still taught tiling.

If it is down to 2, thats a serious blow to the industry. we need to do some sort of petition to remind these clowns that the skills a tiler needs now, are in line with the australians so we should be added units and expanding the tiling skills criteria rather than stream lining its title.

D

Dumbo

I know they have cut tiling departments but i didnt think it was that bad.

Pretty sure hugh baird college in liverpool still do tiling, st helens did about 3 years ago and i thought birmingham still taught tiling.

If it is down to 2, thats a serious blow to the industry. we need to do some sort of petition to remind these clowns that the skills a tiler needs now, are in line with the australians so we should be added units and expanding the tiling skills criteria rather than stream lining its title.
I am going back a few years

Reply to Apprenticeship in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen