Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Apprenticeship in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Michael

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys

I'm 22 and I joined a few months back looking for advice and got a great response. Anyway I have been trying for 3 months now to get into the tile trade and it's finally paid off, a tiler local to me has offered to take me on as apprentice/trainee and teach me all aspects of tile cause I didn't stop pestering him, (joke) he said I had the right attitude and wants to expand haha, anyway I hope to pack my current job in And be the best tiler I can be.

Thanks guys

OP
L

LM

That's what I like to hear, a bit of enthusiasm!
Good luck Michael,we're here to help as much as we can, Good luck fella :thumbsup:

OP
O

Old Mod

Good luck geezer!
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

OP
A

Aston

Hi guys

I'm 22 and I joined a few months back looking for advice and got a great response. Anyway I have been trying for 3 months now to get into the tile trade and it's finally paid off, a tiler local to me has offered to take me on as apprentice/trainee and teach me all aspects of tile cause I didn't stop pestering him, (joke) he said I had the right attitude and wants to expand haha, anyway I hope to pack my current job in And be the best tiler I can be.

Thanks guys

great news!
persistance pays hey ;0)

make sure you make the most of this and find a college that does wall and floor tile and do your nvqs on day release so that you become a properly qualified..
all the best and good luck ;0)

OP
D

Dumbo

great news!
persistance pays hey ;0)

make sure you make the most of this and find a college that does wall and floor tile and do your nvqs on day release so that you become a properly qualified..
all the best and good luck ;0)
Unless it's changed I only thought that there were two colleges that did tile . Salford I think and Portsmouth

OP
A

Aston

I know they have cut tile departments but i didnt think it was that bad.

Pretty sure hugh baird college in liverpool still do tile, st helens did about 3 years ago and i thought birmingham still taught tile.

If it is down to 2, thats a serious blow to the industry. we need to do some sort of petition to remind these clowns that the skills a tiler needs now, are in line with the australians so we should be added units and expanding the tile skills criteria rather than stream lining its title.

Reply to Apprenticeship in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock