Search the forum,

Discuss Another rogue. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

Went to investigate cracked grout and tiles moving the other day and this is what I found!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317664392.622007.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317664417.641430.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 116
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317664439.306811.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 112
T

trevortine

Whole job a mess, mix of 6mm ply and no ply at all in some areas! Up and down like a yo yo, guy charged twice what I would have and wants nothing to do with it.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
we seem to be seeing more and more of this lately......its a joke, chancers trying to make a quick buck due to lack of work, while the pros pick up the pieces..

T

Tomtiler

has there been 2 diff kinds of adhesive its a joke that some people out there are getting work and leaving it like that

T

trevortine

This guy is an approved fitter for .... you guessed it!!!
we seem to be seeing more and more of this lately......its a joke, chancers trying to make a quick buck due to lack of work, while the pros pick up the pieces..

Reaction score
Hi all

ive had 2 calls in 2 weeks about travertine jobs that are cracking or not good enough.
ive seen 1 so far and the tiles hadnt been sealed,1 covered in grout. not set out properly and the wall tiles was dot and dabbed. the customer said he had to make the tiler put ply down on the floor but the tiles have cracked and the grout has cracked.
they didnt like my price to put it right which i think means they either went in cheap to get the job or its to much to lay out to do again.

the 2nd one i was told by the tile shop that the travertine was put up with grout,i havent seen the job yet,going Friday but surely nobody would stick tiles up with grout would they...............................
the underfloor heating isnt working and the floor is all cracked aswell. the customer has said she hasnt been able to get a tiler to look at it!!!
i really feel sorry for the people but it does seem to be happening a bit more often lately and sometimes customers will choose the cheapest estimates,i truely believe that you get what you pay for with tiling.

M

MTiler

dot and dabbing seems so common these days.
Saw a job last week with 150mm x 75mm tiles dot and dabbed, whats the point, it must take longer? Bizzare setting out and it was supposedly brick bond, but he kept loosing the pattern, grouting horrendous etc. I didnt like to take pics of it in front of the customer. The mind boggles.

Reply to Another rogue. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen